Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tanya Morgan

I browse Okayplayer's messageboards everyday and recently came across a lot of hype surrounding Tanya Morgan. A little while earlier I saw a song with Blu, it was featuring Tanya Morgan. I had never heard of Tanya Morgan so I assumed it was a R & B singer. Nope. A pretty nice rap group. I got the concept-like album Brooklynati (two of the rappers are from Cinci, the other from NY obviously) and the beats are great. Jazzy and upbeat with nice lines. Von Pea, I immideately recognized from one of my favorite songs, Von Sees, from one of my favorite albums Connected by the Foreign Exchange, stands out to me. My favorite song from the album has to be She's Gone featuring Phonte who continues his singing career (check out Leave It All Behind, all good singing from Phonte with only one rap verse from him near the end of the album).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLfjE5ifZUI

Hardcore Gentleman is pretty funny too. I love the references to past songs too. Nice album, I encourage hip hop fans to check out.

On the HOB front, havent put down any new lyrics but maybe will put some new ones down tonight.

Thats all. HOB up! BobbyOnes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment