Sunday, April 12, 2009

Its the beginning

Hey this is BobbyOnes, aka Bobbito Ones, aka Bobbito, aka Robby Ones, aka Big Rob, aka Rob. I guess this is our official HOB blog and I dont really know what we are gonna be talkin bout on this so im just gonna talk for a quick second. My partner in crime Fletcher aka Dirty Rose and I have two mixtapes in the plans right now. One is a concept mixtape, with the concept being pastries based off of our experiences at Astoria's pastry shop in downtown Detroit. The other being just another mixtape we just gatherin instrumentals for right now.

Anyway I'm listenin to Nas' Untitled album. According to my itunes playlist this is about the sixth time I've listened to this album on here and i think its pretty dope. I always read on messageboards that nas sucks at picking production but i think he has done pretty well over his career. Granted I have not listened to Nastradamous and I Am (I will when I get around to it, the consenous seems that these are the two worst ones so im in no rush) yet but I have listened to all the other albums and the production is not that horrible. I think two reasons people talk about this all the time is the expectations were set so high from Illmatic and because JayZ has had better beats during their prime. I prefer Nas and feel he talks about deeper stuff more consistently.

That reminds me of a incident that happened when I had to drop my big sis off at the airport. I brought along Streets Disciple (disc one) to play along in the ride, which was like the first cd I ever got and listened all the way through (I think on whatever year it came out on Christmas while playing Jak and Daxter 3 in the basement). Well i could tell she wasnt feelin it the first couple songs in and i felt bad. I had to fast forward to Just A Moment so to kill the tension. That made me think about how many fans Nas may have lost because sometimes he is more about the message then the sound. Another reason why everybody loves Jay over him.

On the pastry mixtape front, I think we have all the instrumentals picked out and we are finishing up put lyrics down. Also, I wanna make beats. I fooled around wit frooty loops for a second in 08 and pretty much they all sucked. It was a demo and i just wanted to do stuff quickly. After listening to Donuts for the first time I think in November 08, I have a whole new outlook on production and have quickly become a big J Dilla fan. Before I vaguely knew of him but now I am glad Detroit could produce such a monster producer. Maybe if I can find something to make beats with for free, I can make one or two for the second mixtape.Thats it, back to Untitled.

Edit: Oops Happy Easter! Or happy bunny day to some.

HOB up! BobbyOnes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment