Thursday, April 30, 2009

Working Hard

Two finals down! Glad to get oral communications and math over with right off the bat.

I'm on a mission to find more beats. Even though I already laid down lyrics for like 8 or something tracks already I'm digging through my J Dilla collection to find something. I was gonna take another instrumental off of Cunninlynguists Strange Journey but I realized I already had laid down some lyrics for Never Come Down. The beats by Kno are all great but the only other one I would consider using off that album is Move. Don't Leave When the Winter Comes has the best beat and lyrics on the album though.

Move

I'm listening to J Dilla's album Vintage. Nice laid back beats. Earl is pretty nice. But I like Dreamy the best and will put that into consideration. Yesterday I was listening to a J Dilla Mix I made which has the best beats some J Dilla fans would recognize (Believe in God, Look of Love, Nothing Like This, Flyyyy, etc) and Love It Here is the best J Dilla instrumental ever. I have been addicted to it the past like two weeks and its on my phone now. Elzhi's verse over the beat on his Witness My Growth cd is on my phone now too :)

Dreamy

Love It Here, eLZhi verse

Now that I think about it I remember I wanted to look at some Apollo Brown (Detroit producers stand up!) stuff too. His album Skilled Trade is dope and I am waiting on the next one, the stuff I heard off of his myspace is great. My favorite beat off of Skilled Trade is Born on Halloween. I looked and see it isnt on youtube so I'll just link some of my other favorite stuff.

Without Jan (mom).......This one definitely reminds me of Dilla


Empty World

To My Establishment

My Steelo (Check My Credentials)

Thats all. HOB up! BobbyOnes out.

Edit: Irony, 11th post, 11 mile wat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment